A Maternal Fetal Medicine physician whose passion is POLE DANCING?
Huh? Yup. You read that correctly.
In this show, episode #4, I chat it up with Cara Heuser, a high-risk Obstetrician in Salt Lake City, Utah whose passion is pole dancing – more specifically, using pole fitness and pole dance to exercise but also to express herself and find some deeper meaning in that expression.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here:
Episode #0: show intro with me blabbing for a few minutes
Episode #1: Jeff Sheldon on Designing Physical Products
Episode #2: Nate Bagley on Love
Episode #3: Tim McDonald on Connecting People with Purpose
Okay. Do I have your attention now? Ha! You will not want to miss this episode. Trust me. Oh, and that picture on the right? That’s Cara!
During this episode …
- Cara and I talk about strip clubs (briefly)
- Cara explains the difference between pole dancing and pole fitness.
- We discuss sexuality/sensuality and fitness.
- How being an Ob/GYN with a passion for pole dancing actually makes sense.
- Why Cara has chose to not make pole dancing her career.
- Cara’s take on Do What You Love | Love What You Do
- How Cara suggests uncovering your passion.
More About Cara
Cara stumbled across pole dance in 2010 while searching for a new form of fitness and was immediately hooked. In her non-pole life, she is a high-risk OB doctor and mother. Her favorite thing about pole is the shoes and sequins. She also finds the friendship and fitness benefits to be numerous.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Saturday Chores – a Tumblr blog set up by a pro-choice husband/wife team from Raleigh, N.C.
- Why It’s OKAY To Say (& Write) The Word Vagina – my blog post about … vaginas.
- United Pole Artists
- SALT Dance and Pole on Facebook – Cara’s dance troop.
- Cara’s personal Facebook page.
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious