You know that blog post that you read that encourages you to follow suit? Well, last week Amber Naslund shared her 20 truths in a kick ass blog post. I did not post a comment, but messaged her in Skype indicating how much I loved the post. Amber’s reply: “Go write your own list.” So, I’m taking her advice.
My 20 Truths
- Being a parent kicks ass.
- If you are not having fun, why bother?
- Smiling and laughing is critical to happiness.
- Friends are easy to make; true friendship is priceless.
- It’s important to be 100% yourself in front of your significant other.
- Expectations that are too high can lead to disappointment.
- Nobody dies in email marketing or social media (or most jobs for that matter).
- You cannot succeed unless you try.
- There’s no such thing as perfection.
- Go big or go home.
- Bear hugs are often better than handshakes.
- Being human matters.
- Life would go on without email, Facebook, Twitter, and cell phones (I think).
- It’s all about people.
- It’s no longer about location; consider the power of connections.
- If you do something you are passionate about, you’re more likely to be happy.
- It’s not all about the Benjamins.
- Justin Timberlake is the man.
- Live in the present; if you don’t, life will pass you by. Remember: time is a zero-sum game. Choose wisely how you will spend it.
- It will get better.
There you have it. Now it’s your turn. Comment below and/or write your own list of 20 truths and share!
Image: Flickr – psd