Garin Hess, (today’s guest – #25) hails from the lovely state of Utah. As it turns out, Garin is the 3rd guest on Living Your Passion (Nate Bagley and Cara Heuser being the other two).
Garin and I connected when he sent me a “let’s talk” email through LinkedIn. Love it.
Garin’s passion: The POSITIVE BENEFITS THAT COME FROM ENTREPRENEURSHIP.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to learn more about the positive benefits that come from entrepreneurship?
During this episode …
- Garin talked about Karl Marx. Didn’t see that coming. Ha!
- I said “journey.” OOPS. I just don’t love that word … story, process … but not journey. Ha!
- Garin answered the question, “What happens if you are passionate about something but are no good at it (or don’t have the capital to do it or other “insurmountable barriers”)?
- Garin shared how to you can do some research to determine whether or not your passion can turn into a valid business (note: it takes work, but it’s doable).
- Garin told us how he may someday soon TEACH entrepreneurship in developing companies.
- We talked about JUMPING – taking the first step.
- Garin shared how he uncovered his passion for entrepreneurship – though he has always been interested in it … from early on.
More About Garin
Husband, father, startup enthusiast, entrepreneur, founder & CEO @DemoChimp. Learn more about Garin on Twitter.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Nail It then Scale It: The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Creating and Managing Breakthrough Innovation – the book Garin mentioned
- The Lean Startup – the other book Garin mentioned
- Witness Music – Garin’s non-profit
- Garin on LinkedIn
- DemoChimp – Garin’s latest and greatest startup
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious