A few days after launching Living Your Passion, I received the following email:
I’m currently listening to your first episode (I love Jeff’s work!) and I’m really excited to add this to my shortlist of podcasts.
It might be shameless self-promotion, but if you are looking for guests I’d love to be on. I’m incredibly passionate about web development and education and combining the 2. I’ve written 3 books on web development (2 on WordPress specifically) and I’m planning a 4th.
Thanks for creating a cool podcast. I look forward to future episodes!
A few months and a handful of email exchanges later, and Joe Casabona – today’s guest (#34) – shared his passion!
Joe’s passion: Web Design
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to learn more about Joe’s passion for web design?
During this episode, Joe …
- Threw me for a loop when he shared his passion!
- Talked about the difference between “web design” and “making things on the web.” LOVE IT!
- Explained the difference between front-end and back-end design … in a very-easy-to-understand manner!
- Took us back to his early childhood (“Little Joe”). This is where it all began – his passion for making things on the web.
- Shared how he built his first webpage … as a sophomore in high school. Cool, huh?
- Talked about how he made mix CDs in high school. Too funny!
- Shared his “common thread” – the one thing that has always been there … throughout Joe’s entire life. Very interesting to see how it’s evolved AND how Joe is thinking about the future at his young age of 28.
- Answered my go-to question: “How does one go about finding – then living – their passion?”
More About Joe
Front End Developer at @crowdfavorite. Author of Responsive Design with WordPress. All around nerd. I like cigars & play the drums. Learn more about Joe on Twitter.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Google “Joe Casabona”
- Casabona.org, Joe’s website
- Responsive Design with WordPress (and Joe’s other books)
- TIL Podcast – Joe’s podcast
- Joe on Twitter
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious