The story about how I met today’s guest (Episode 21), Sarah Dvorak, is quite unique.
You’ll have to listen to the show to learn more, but suffice to say, this email was a big part of it. I had the unique opportunity to record this episode at Sarah’s house in San Francisco. SO. MUCH. FUN. I got to meet her husband, see her newborn, eat some cheese … and riff about cheese (and more!) for 30 minutes.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to get your cheese on?
During this episode …
- Sarah and her husband Oliver allowed me into their home to record this episode in person!
- Sarah served me some really (REALLY) good cheese (see picture).
- We learned about how Sarah got interested in – the passionate about – cheese.
- We talked about American cheese (Kraft Singles!) for a bit.
- Sarah shared how the name “Mission Cheese” came about – not what I thought!
- We discussed “farm to table” and “local” … stuff.
- Sarah talked about her “aha moment” with cheese. Too funny!
- Sarah revealed her future plans for Mission Cheese.
- Sarah gave some sage advice for how to find your passion (Hint: Involves TRYING stuff).
More About Sarah
Who am I? I’m Sarah Dvorak of Mission Cheese. I live and work in San Francisco. What do I do? That’s a really interesting question. I’m a cheese evangelist and a small business owner. At Mission Cheese we promote and tell stories about American artisan cheese and how it’s evolved over the last decade to a vibrant and delicious industry. That’s the crux of what I do. And that’s why I do it; to share the abundance of what’s out there today. To help increase sales of domestic cheeses and help them scale their businesses to where they’re sustainable and viable. Find out more in this amazing blog post / interview.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- The Cheese Evangelist. An interview with Sarah Dvorak, of Mission Cheese
- Mission Cheese on Twitter
- Sarah on Instagram
- California Artisan Cheese Guild
- The woman in Alaska who said “Eff It” and quit her job
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious