I was introduced to today’s guest (#39!), Amy Rueda, through my good friends Courtney and Bryan Kramer.
We were fortunate enough to record this episode live, in the Purematter office “studio.” Thanks Courtney and Bryan for the space (and the coffee!).
Amy’s passion: Being the voice of change for safe beauty.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to learn more about Amy’s passion for being the voice of change for safe beauty?
During this episode …
- We chatted about how we first met … as I try to do with all guests!
- Amy shared how she defines “safe beauty.”
- Amy was very open about her fight with cancer.
- Amy talked about an event – in her case, cancer – led her to uncover her passion. She also gave a great definition about passion (or her “truth”) as she called it.
- Amy told us about her personal truth … she admits that she actually gave herself cancer!
- Amy shared her story about how she started her company, Authentic Skin, and why she was able to turn her passion into a living.
- We talked a lot about the “quick fix” instead of preventative options.
- We talked quite a bit (too much!?) about deodorant! You don’t want to miss this part!
- In the #NotSoSecretSecret portion of the show, we talked about WEEDS!
More About Amy
Amy is the founder and creative director at Authentic Skin Remedies plant based skincare. Learn more about Amy on her About.me page.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Amy on Twitter
- Amy’s company, Authentic Skin
- My Common Thread blog post
- The Alchemist (great book!)
- Amy on Instagram
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious