I wrote that statement on Facebook along with my list of 4:
- Most actions and decisions are not life or death.
- What mattered yesterday does not always matter today or the following year.
- Most people are pretty understanding.
- Most people mean well, but sometimes are not great at communication.
14 people responded. Not only were the responses incredibly insightful, they came from such a diverse group of people – folks from all parts of my life (one of the many things I love about Facebook).
- My Aunt
- Our Nanny
- 3 friends from when we lived in Salt Lake City
- A friend and former co-worker at Navigant Consulting from when I lived in Chicago
- A friend from when I lived in Florida
- 2 friends and former co-workers at Bronto from when we lived in Durham, NC
- A friend and client
- Several folks that I’ve met through social media and connected with in person at various conferences around the country
Check out what they had to say:
Having trouble seeing the slides? View directly on Slideshare.
Which one(s) do you agree with? Which are your favorites? What would you add? Please share your thoughts in the comments below. I’m considering writing an update to this blog post if I get enough replies.