Today’s guest (#44) is Casie Shimansky. Casie as in “kay-cee” or “KC.”
As it turns out, Casie and I connected first through #Bufferchat (read the summary here).
Casie is passionate, funny, witty, and has an interesting story to tell!
Casie’s passion: Living Out Loud
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to learn more about Casie’s passion for living out loud?
During this episode …
- We talked about how we first met (online, through a Twitter chat, of course).
- Casie dove into how a major (negative) life event – the sudden passing of her sister – led her to her passion … living out loud.
- Casie shared that it took her nearly 5 years to get back on track after her sister’s death.
- We talked a bit about depression – something I think way more people suffer from then we truly know about.
- Casie talked about how she tries to find “one small win” throughout the day to keep her going. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
- Casie described how her passion – Living Out Loud – looked in the beginning and how it evolved over the years.
- Casie shared some of the items on her bucket list (i.e., cage diving with Great White Sharks in South Africa) – things that are totally scary to her – that she will be doing soon!
- We discussed how Casie could turn her passion for living out loud into a career (spoiler alert: she’s still trying to figure this one out)!
- Casie provided some advice on how one could go about finding their passion.
More About Casie [kay-cee; KC]
According to Twitter, Casie is all about … Storytelling through Social | Jersey Born | Florida Livin’ | Theme Park Roamin’ | Yanks Fan | #StBaldricks Photographer & Team Captain | #StepUp | #LiveOutLoud.” Follow Casie on Twitter.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Casie on Twitter
- The most awesome “finger warm up” video for a Twitter chat (#Bufferchat) EVER
- Finding your common thread
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James and/or Coach Jim Harbaugh (two guys who bleed passion), please let me know. #DeadSerious