I started this blog – Social Butterfly Guy – nearly 2 years ago with a few goals:
- Become a better writer.
- Express my thoughts (publicly).
- Write about what I’m most passionate about – people.
- Write posts that encourage others to share, think, comment, question, smile, laugh/dance, take action, get in shape, etc.
82 posts (& 21 pending drafts) later, I’m well-overdue to revisit those goals and get some help/feedback from the community.
It’s All About Timing
I’m a big believer in timing. Late last week, I saw a blog post from a friend, Mack Collier, titled Get your blog reviewed during #Blogchat! The timing gods were on my side. I immediately jumped all over it and submitted the following via a comment:
Count. Me. In. Great idea, Mack Collier . My blog: http://socialbutterflyguy.com/
What I’d like help with:
1. Design. It’s a WordPress Thesis Theme. I loved it 2 years ago when my blog launched, but it needs a refresh. I just don’t have the skills to do it myself nor the cash to pay someone as this is a personal blog.
2. SEO Stuff. Again, I’m using WordPress and it has some built-in SEO stuff, but I need help!
3. Content: As my tagline says, “It’s all about people.” My content is – for the most part – about people, but I worry that it’s all over the place.
4. Frequency: I was in a rut awhile ago, but finally got on track again. My last few posts have been some of my most viewed/commented in the past 2 years. But, I’m still struggling with the right balance on frequency.
Does that work? Need more?
Pick me. Pick me. Pick me!
This morning, while sipping on a freshly-brewed French Press and watching Baby Waldow (Eva)
play pull everything in sight off of the shelves, I dug into my gmail inbox. Lo and behold, there was an email from Feedburner indicating Mack had published a new blog post.
As I skimmed Mack’s post, Congrats to the Four Blogs That Will Be Reviewed at #Blogchat!, I immediately saw … my blog! The first 5 words that came to mind? Anxious. Nervous. Excited. Pumped. Honored.
Considering the likelihood that many will be looking at Social Butterfly Guy the next 24 hours, I figured I write this post to open up the review to all – even non-#Blogchat participants. If you’d like to join in the fun this evening, you can learn more about #blogchat here.
Let the critiquing begin!
Image: Flickr – dimi3