I met today’s guest (#20), Dorothea Bozicolona-Volpe, at the bar in Miami. To be clear, I was at the bar with another guy – at a conference – and she approached us. Ha!
Dorothea (pronounced Dor-a-TAY-a) loves culture, food, art, and skateboarding, but what underlies everything in her life is really her true passion: MUSIC.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to hear about jazz, rap, and other music (and even hear me “sing” a bit)?
During this episode …
- We discussed scotch, bourbon, and beer.
- Dorothea shared about her grandparents love for music … and how it had a huge influence on her as a child.
- Dorothea talked about singing “Satisfaction” in her “knickers” into a Snoopy hairbrush at age five.
- Dorothea told us about how one teacher recognized her dislike for the violin and her interest in voice.
- Dorothea shared her love for the Rolling Stones – she’s heard them live 20+ times!
- We discussed “doing what you love and getting paid for it” vs. “doing what you love on the side.”
- We chatted about my taste in music (90s rap)!
- We talked about music triggering memories … and I even sang a bit. AHHHH!
- I could not remember the song my wife and daughter love to sing (but here it is, the Johnny Cash & June Carter version, at least.
- Dorothea mentioned a lot of artists I’d never heard of (shhh).
- Dorothea gave her advice (“try it on”) for how to find, then live, your passion.
More About Dorothea
Social Media Strategist. Content Queen. Embraces Technology. Avid Skateboarder. Tweets to relax. Find out more on Twitter.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Social Espionage – her company!
- The song “Oh What a Night”
- Tom Webster’s soon-to-be-relaunched The Friday Five podcast
- Dorothea on Twitter – follow her at NOON ET every day for her “noon concert.”
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious