BACON! BACON! BACON!
I mean, who doesn’t like bacon? … besides folks who don’t eat it for religious reasons and those who are vegan/vegetarian – though I bet some vegetarians make an exception for bacon.
In today’s episode, #10, I chat with Heather Lauer, about her passion: BACON.
I read two magazines cover to cover. Wired (thanks Dad!) and The Costco Connection. Before you laugh about the second one, it’s a really good magazine. I mean, really good. Well-written. Interesting.
But anyway …
I learned about Heather – and her passion for bacon – thanks to an article in a recent edition of The Costco Connection.
WARNING: DO LOT LISTEN TO THIS EPISODE IF YOU ARE HUNGRY!!!
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to talk BACON?
During this episode …
- How and why Heather decided to start a blog … about bacon – well before the national bacon craze started.
- Bacon Nation (similar to John Lee Duma’s Fire Nation).
- The new restaurant in the Bay Area who only serves bacon.
- How much Heather loves bacon, though it was never really her passion until the blog started.
- Healthy eating. I know. I know. But we did!
- Heather’s childhood memory of bacon.
- Heather’s book … about bacon (of course) – Bacon, A Love Story: A Salty Survey of Everyone’s Favorite Meat.
- Amazon book reviews (and Twilight).
- Some sage advice about finding your passion.
More About Heather
Bacon is the Best Meat Ever! I’ve been a bacon eater since the 1970s, bacon blogger since 2005, and I’m the author of Bacon: A Love Story (HarperCollins 2009). Find out more on Twitter or on her blog.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- The Costco Connection … part about Bacon.
- Heather’s blog, Bacon Unwrapped
- Bacon, A Love Story: A Salty Survey of Everyone’s Favorite Meat – Heather’s book
- Heather on Twitter
- Heather / Bacon Unwrapped on Facebook
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious