8 episodes in and already I have my 2nd “McDonald” on the podcast. Crazy, I know.
Today’s guest, Loren McDonald, is not related to Tim McDonald (guest #3) but is the VP of Industry Relations at Silverpop and can often be found preaching the benefits of email marketing as well as social media and location-based marketing.
However, while that’s his job – and one he’s quite good at – Loren’s passion is not what he gets paid to do.
Loren’s passion is about all things green. More specifically, Loren is passionate about being a change agent and getting people other than tree huggers to “see the light.” Loren believes strongly in the need to move away from fossils fuels, supports electric vehicles, and is an advocate for solar power.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to GO GREEN and SAVE GREEN?
During this episode …
- You can hear me snapping my fingers a few times (to my dog, Morocco!)
- Loren shared his passion for alternative energy, solar energy, wind energy, electric vehicles, reducing our use of water, getting restaurants to stop using styrofoam and plastic cups, and more!
- We talked about Loren’s 1994 rejection letter from U.S. Electricar (awesome).
- Loren shares a story about when he was 19 … and his brief stint in politics. This, coincidentally, may have been his first foray into “green.”
- Loren forgot to turn off the audio on his alerts (ding!)
- We talked about Chevy Volts, Teslas, and other EVs!
- We had a few audio issues – SORRY!
More About Loren
Tweet on email marketing, retail/ecommerce, mobile, social, marketing automation; VP/evangelist for @Silverpop Find out more on Twitter.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- Loren’s March 15, 1994 rejection letter from U.S. Electricar
- Loren’s GREEN site/blog – Loren-Green <– a MUST read! (note: still a work-in-progress)
- The just launched Loren-Green Facebook page
- Bifurcate and Trifurcate <– it is a word!
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious