Jon Steiert (pronounced STY ERT) knows a thing or two about food … and weight … and unhealthy eating.
In fact, today’s guest (#14) knows a LOT about being fat and out of shape. As it turns out, he also knows even more about being healthy and in shape.
Ever since discovering his passion – INGREDIENTS – Jon has lost fat, gained muscle, and educated himself on what he is putting into his body. Jon does not have a degree in nutrition or really anything related to food; however, I’d lean on him for anything related to ingredients and healthy eating. Dude gets it.
In case you missed any of the previous episodes, you can catch them here by visiting the Living Your Passion landing page.
Are you ready to talk ingredients?
During this episode …
- We chatted about how we met – power of social media!
- Jon shared how was pushing 300 pounds a few years ago – as well as how he lost 40 pounds previously … then it came back.
- Jon talked about his mentor/guide/DOCTOR – Dr. Charlie Seltzer of Lean for Life
- We talk YET AGAIN about how I am recording some of these episodes outside.
- We had a … discussion … about The Food Babe (this is the Pumpkin Spiced Late article we discussed and this is the “Jenny McCarthy of Food” article I mentioned). I really like Jon’s take on The Food Babe too.
- Jon shared an incredibly powerful story about his uncle.
- We talked about the best grocery store IN THE WORLD, Wegmans.
- Jon discussed a bit more about how he may someday LIVE his passion.
More About Jon
Social Guy for @Pet360 | #Project180 Dude | #Chipotle & #Wegmans Nut | ‘You are the product. You; feeling something…is what sells.’ – Don Draper. Find out more on Twitter.
Links Discussed In This Episode
- #Project180 – Jon’s very open, very personal weight loss (get healthy) story.
- Pet360.com – where Jon works1
- Social Echoes Podcast: Episode 19 … with me!
- Dr. Charlie – Lean for Life
Enjoyed this episode? Please consider subscribing (if you haven’t already). Also, what would be really awesome? If you could rate and review the show … and use those fancy social sharing icons below to tell the world!
Alternatively, you can subscribe to the RSS feed or subscribe via email (scroll to the bottom).
Finally, if you know someone who bleeds passion (or maybe it’s you), please email me at djwaldow at gmail dot com. Oh, and if you have a connection to LeBron James, please let me know. I think he’d be a great person to talk to about his passion for basketball. #DeadSerious